Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Happy New Year

This morning I left Moab, UT and headed south to Phoenix. It is about a 7 hour drive, a little more with gas ups and short stops to pick up the Navajo hitch hikers. This drive, 466.5 miles, is through some of the most beautiful country of Utah and Arizona. And it was during these approximately 7 hours and 466.5 miles that I had quite a bit of time to reflect and think. Between flipping through my XM stations and the beauty of the land, I reflected about my life, but there was one thought that kept coming through my mind...

No matter how difficult your year was. No matter how far in debt you went. No matter how much weight you gained. No matter how much time you spent in depression. No matter how difficult your life seemed. No matter how old you turned this year. Primarily, no matter what...it can't be that terrible because you are alive to read this. And I am not saying that this is going to be some grand writing. What I am saying is that you are alive. So you accomplished something great.

You made it another year. So somehow you are smarter. Somehow you are brighter. Somehow you are wiser. Somehow you survived. And so I congratulate you and welcome you to another year. Have a Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your words here!