Saturday, October 05, 2024

Thanks for the support

 


I want to thank everyone for their support. Although there were a lot of “I’m sorry”, YOU GOT THIS won on the Facebook comments.  I particularly liked the rectal one too. Thanks Tyla.  I will say that I’ve been more emotional over the support than the actual diagnosis.  So thanks. 

Some have asked for my address so here it is, but please don’t waste your money on cards and such. Money, vodka, Trader Joe’s goodies, etc. are more my style.  I have more than enough beanies, masks, and clothes. 

2208 E Empire Street, Cortez CO 81321

Also a quick update on what’s coming up…

I already had a trip to Phoenix planned so I’m going to keep that but I’m also going to get a second (first opinion) from the University of Arizona Breast Center surgeon.  That will be on the 14th. 

I’ll return to Colorado/Utah and have an appointment with my surgeon at Durango Mercy Breast Center. This will be where most of my stuff is completed. That is on the 17th. 

And from those meet and greets, a plan will develop. 

Back in 2015 I had the BRCA testing completed due to all my sisters having a form of cancer.  I had put it off for a long time because I didn’t want it to come back positive and then I’d just be waiting. Who am I kidding, I’ve still been waiting.  The test did come back negative, but as my doctor said “that doesn’t mean you won’t get cancer.”  My breast care nurse navigator (BCNN) recommended I get retested and so I will in the coming weeks.  But I encourage individuals who have a history of cancers in their family to get tested for all strands.  It will be interesting to see if my new test now says positive.  

Until next time…


9 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:17 PM

    What kind of Vodka?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I quit drinking last month and will continue through the treatment.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous4:26 PM

    Do you have a Trader Joe’s near you?
    Glad you are also seeing a Dr. in Phoenix. The more information the better!!
    Also I tested negative for BRACA 1 & 2.
    It doesn’t matter if you have family history or not you either have the gene or you don’t; but still get cancer.

    I bet your second yes tests comes out negative. I guess we will see!

    Love you and will be praying for you and keeping up with your updates and journey and yes you’ve got this!
    You are a fighter if I’ve met one and I’ve know you since we were five! 😊😉😘

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:32 PM

    Well, I didn’t know you were going to keep a tally. I would have said all the above.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dawn Nation9:02 PM

    I am so sorry to hear this Sara but I agree with the majority that you got this! My mom is a breast cancer survivor so I have also been getting my mammos and ultrasounds since my mid twenties. Sending thoughts prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:40 AM

    I love to waste my money on cards and 🐌 📫 big hugs lady! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sheila Frei8:48 AM

    I'm so sorry, keeping you in my thoughts. You're incredibly strong and will beat this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sara, thanks for sharing as it really does help others. My mother-in-law survived breast cancer and my wife and I keep this family history in mind as well.

    I don't have any rectal memes to share, but I'm sure if I look hard enough I just might find one. I'll try not to look on a work laptop, however, as I may have some odd explaining to do to my colleagues.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your words here!