Wednesday, January 05, 2005

The New Year Is Here, Isn't It

Yesterday I hit another milestone in my life. An important event, as in a person's career, the history of a nation, or the advancement of knowledge in a field; a turning point. Really, I don't think any of those pertain to me, but it was another year etched into my biological clock. I turned 32 yesterday. Of course that was only 4 minutes ago, but it came and went just like that. Actually, I only celebrate my birthday at 10am because that is when I was born. But nonetheless, my friends picked up Thai food and brought a cake. We watched tv, I had a beer, and that was that. We watched Dateline with Amber and that pissed me off that she is getting a book deal out of the death of somebody. I am torn at the moment whether Scott should rot in prison or be put to death. I think if put to death it should be like she died. Horribly. Anywho...

I didn't really feel that much older yesterday. Hell, I felt older on New Year's Eve because we went to sleep at 1130. Hell, it was midnight somewhere. I read my horoscope yesterday and it fit exactly where my life is at the moment. Sometimes I laugh at how real those things are in the words they babble out.

My life seems like a whirlwind right now. Going in 900 directions and not stopping at anyone in particular. I am dealing with it all. I live one day at a time and one hour at a time and so forth. I am trying to stay mindful of my actions and live healthier this year.

Which is funny. I wonder how many people's new years resolution is to be healthy and lose weight. I raise my hand. But I wouldn't say it is a resolution because as well all know we don't stick to them. A goal may be. Something like that.

I wish everyone a safe and happy new year. May you accomplish your resolution with pride and gusto. Good luck. Welcome to 2005.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your words here!