Thursday, December 02, 2004

Pop Rocks-Strawberry Flavored

I remember the first time I really tried the pop rocks. I was somewhere between the fourth and sixth grade. Ok, so I don't remember the exact date, but it was when I was in elementary school. I do remember the first time I put them in my mouth and kissed someone else with them in his mouth. I remember exactly where I was and remember it like it was yesterday. I was in sixth grade.

And the cool thing to do back then was to go to the Roller Palace which was this open air skating rink. We would often sneak out and head to the mini-mart up the street for candy and stuff. Why? Not real sure because it was all sold right there. I remember sneaking out back to make out and almost always getting caught.

Wow, life was different back then. It was fun and peaceful and we didn't have to worry about getting into a fight and then being shot later that evening.

Anyway, I was sitting near the bathroom over in a corner and I put the pop rocks in my mouth. I can't remember the flavor, but I would say probably strawberry once again. I remember Sean Bard, who is likely in jail these days put them in his mouth as well. And then we kissed. I really don't remember the whole outcome of the experiment.

But after giving pop rocks another experiment last night I am sure it didn't really work back in sixth grade either. Being in my sixth life and a bit older and more experience in the world of kissing, we gave pop rocks a try last night. As adults you can use your imagination. My father reads this site so I am not going to go into detail.

I will tell you that it was fun, but it is an experiment I don't recommend. There were pop rocks everywhere and they were stuck to everything. I am sure for the next week we will be finding them even though we changed the sheets.

I live by the motto: don't knock it until you have tried it. I tried it and although fun I don't ever need to try it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your words here!